Saturday, September 8, 2012

It's Pretty Horrible

I had a young girl come in to the Queens office today. She was only 17. She said she was undecided about what she wanted to do because at first she was happy and excited to be having a baby, but then her boyfriend (who is only 16) was feeling unsure and thought maybe she should have an abortion. So then his doubt made her doubt. She had already taken 6 pregnancy tests and they were all positive, and she was probably about 10 weeks along.
I talked to her about all the side effects of an abortion and she became really worried when I told her that her risk of developing breast cancer will increase if she has an abortion. Her mom and grandmother have both had breast cancer. Before we watched Choice Blues I asked her if she had any questions. She said "So basically, what your saying is that abortion is pretty horrible." She understood. Watching the DVD, she said "Can I bring my boyfriend back to see this, cause he will not want me to do that."
We did the pregnancy test, and it came out negative, but since she had taken so many tests already, we went to do the sonogram just to be sure. She was not pregnant. But, if she is ever in a similar situation, she will already have all the information she needs.

No comments: