Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to Queens

On Monday in Queens a young girl came in with her boyfriend wanting an abortion. I went into the counseling room with her and explained what kind of procedure she would have done and all of the risks and complications associated with it. She asked just a few questions, and then we proceeded on to Choice Blues. We literally saw 15 seconds of it and she started crying and said "I can't watch this, but I want my boyfriend to come in here and you to tell him everything you just told me." She went to pull herself together as I spoke with the boyfriend. Then we were ready for the sonogram. She was about 10 weeks along, so we were able to see quite a bit of detail on the sonogram. After it was over, she said "Ya know, we did have a little bit of doubt, and now knowing what you told us, there's no way we're gonna go through with the abortion." They left excited and with complete peace of mind.

No comments: