Monday, September 3, 2012

Hard stories from the Bronx Office

I've been almost two weeks counseling women in the Queens and Bronx office but the other day seemed to come all hard stories together.

I met a woman who was 30 years old, although she seemed to be old. She was nervous when she knocked the door, excited, and she was wearing dirty rag clothes. She was decided to have an abortion, because she didn't remember the disappeared father of the baby and because of the negative attitude of her actual boyfriend towards her pregnancy. After a long talk she finally told me her real fear: she actually feels she has no other option but the abortion, instead she is really afraid of do that again, as she alredy had an abortion a couple of years before. She remember it as the worst experience of her life. She had a lot of complications and the worst post syndrome abortion you can imagine. Although she didn't changed completely her mind to keep on the baby, I was surprised when she took my hands and while looking at my eyes told me: 'I'll call you soon, maybe after the abortion, cause I know hard well how horrible you feel after doing it'.

I hope the boyfriend could change his attitude after talking with the girl again.
I also met a 19 years old lady who was 9 weeks pregnant. Thanks God she was decided to keep on the baby, even without the support of her boyfriend. During the counseling she revealed me that the reason she wanted the baby was to prevent another abortion in her life. In fact, she had two abortions in the past, when she was 13 and 16 years old.
She had this horrifying experience while other girls in the same age are still playing at home or having fun in pyjama party. The important end of this history is that the girl has learnt the correct way to act when you have another life inside your womb.

No comments: