Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Encounter at EMC

My first encounter at EMC was a very special one. She is a 20 year old girl that looked like one of my good friends back at home. She came in seeking a abortion for numerous reasons. As time passed and I asked the questions I came to have compassion for her and her story. She was currently just working and trying to save up for college courses. Her mother and father were unemployed. Sometimes she would go without eating since her money went towards paying for the rent money. She told me "if you help me find a place to stay I will keep this baby because I honesty don't want to have an abortion especially after watching that video". She needed a place since her mother was going to kick her out as soon as she found out and her boyfriend wanted the abortion. So in reality to she had no one to lean on not even friends since she didn't feel they would understand. So I told her I would help her and so we stayed in touch. I found her some help with Home Counsel in New Jersey and Missionaries of Charity. She hopes that I come back to see her newborn some day and I really can't wait. She texts me randomly about silly things like that her feet hurt, or how hungry she gets or how she sees children and gets overwhelmed etc and I feel like she really trusts me now. I will be leaving soon so we will meet one last time and I really feel like I am going to miss a new friend that God put in my path. Can't wait to come back to meet her little angel some day.

No comments: