Friday, December 17, 2010

'Tis the Season


Being an EMC Intern in the Abortion Capitol of America can be an emotional roller coaster at times. During this joyous time of year I want to focus on the many happy and joy filled moments of my internship experience.



The Babies!
  • Holding in my arms a baby that I helped saved from abortion... there's nothing like it! This is by far the most joyous event for an EMC Lifesaver!!
  • Hospital visits to meet newborn saved babies!
  • Watching via facebook as 'my babies' grow up.
  • The knowledge that this year will be the first Christmas for 'my babies' that have already been born!
  • Watching the monitor during a sonograms as beautiful, pre-born babies move, suck their thumbs and even roll over in the womb! And of course hearing that fetal heartbeat... gets me every time!


The Mom's

  • The relationships of emotional support, sisterhood, friendship and sometimes even mentoring with my mom's.
  • When she chooses LIFE for her baby!
  • Having one of my mom's regularly send me funny and inspiration text messages. They brighten my day!
  • Getting a phone call from one of my clients who I was sure had aborted many months earlier, only for her to tell me that she is 7 months pregnant!
  • Getting this message on my facebook wall:
    THANX U 4 BEING THERE 4 ME AND TALKING SUM SENSE IN 2 ME.... BECUZ OF U I'M A PROUD MOM OF A BEAUTIFUL ANGEL AND I CAN'T IMAGINE MY LIFE W/O HER.... THANK YOU KEEP UP DA AMAZING WORK.... GOD BLESS U!!!!!
  • When one of my mom's told me that she feels a connection with me and the knowledge that I will be a part of her life and that of her child for years to come!
  • When a mom stops by to introduce us to their Miracle Baby! This happens all the time!!
  • Helping pregnant women in need!

These are just a few of my joy filled moments since I began my internship with Expectant Mother Care. To all of our readers, I wish you all a very joyful and blessed Christmas!


Heather Nicole



No comments: