Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Snowflakes


Being myself a native of California, I can tell you that the NYC weather is always a bit interesting to me. In the summer the humidity is insane and the winters can be frigid as can be! In my hometown of Sacramento, we are elated if a few snowflakes fall from the sky, which happens almost never!

Now why would I write about weather?! Well you see, part of EMC's life saving work in the Abortion Capitol of America includes sidewalk counseling in front of Dr. Emily's Abortion Center. That means we are outside and exposed to the elements. I can remember last winter, bundled up with many a layer of clothes underneath my winter coat, hand warmers in my gloves and boots, jumping up and down trying desperately to keep warm, but we were out there ready to save lives, even in the blizzard! That will be the story again this winter.

We have already had a few snowflakes fall from the heavens this week. Those snowflakes remind me of the dedication and sacrifice of Expectant Mother Care staff, and I am proud to be a member of this team.

This picture was taken during last years blizzard in NYC. For more photos check out Sidewalk Counseling in a Blizzard!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

God bless you Heather and EMC for all that you are doing.