Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Internship Experience

After 10 weeks, my internship is coming to an end. I got the oppertunity to talk to a lot of women, and some of them decided to keep their babies. So the work is rewarding, I feel like I've been here for a reason. Working in front of Dr. Emily's has taught me courage, because it takes a lot to walk up to women who you don't know and who (usually) don't want to talk to you. But it is so encouraging when they do and it's amazing what our sonogrambus at the clinic does. Seeing the baby makes so many women change their minds.




At the offices I was able to talk to to girls and I heard some really sad stories. I learned to appreciate my own life, it made me realize that it can always get worse and that there are people out there that need help. It's different when you read the stories then when you actually hear them from someone in need.


I am grateful for this experience. And I had a lot of fun with the other interns. I would recommend it to everybody.


Lianne

The picture was taking during one of the intern trips, with a few of the other interns.

No comments: