Sunday, December 5, 2010

Looking for help!


I had the privelege of meeting a wonderful young lady yesterday. Her husband is incarcerated for 6 years with a felony. her son at home is 2 years old, suffering from sickle cell anemia. She is pregnant with her second child. She explained to me why she just could not have this baby. She spends lots of time in hospitals due to her son's illness. She explained to me how she sometimes had to walk to the hospital, because she had no money.

As I spoke to her, my heart really opened up to her. SHe had lots of pain in her eyes, sadness, and confusion. I truly felt for her. She had to give birth without her husband, she had to take care of her baby alone. Sometimes starving, because of not having money for food.

I encouraged her to just give EMC a chance to help her. She will be coming back next week for a follow-up, and I hope to meet her son. She is very confused and unsure about this pregnancy, because she is all alone. I really want to be there for her, and encourage her to continue being the strong woman she is, and never give up.

Hopefully,I will see her next week, and give you the continuation of this amazing story.

No comments: