Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Man Acknowledges his Child in the Womb

It is common to see men dragging in their girlfriends. I see it all the time, in fact, every time I go out to the abortion mill I witness to that. It's sad when men do not acknowledge their child's existence in the womb. It's even sadder when he thinks he had nothing to do with the child while biology proves that he had half of everything to do with that child. Although this is common, it is not entirely true for with all men who come in to the abortion mill with their girlfriend.

I particularly remember speaking to a young man whom at first tried to justify abortion in his case. "She's sick, the baby might have autism or something, and you know... having the baby is not healthy for her, and plus... economy is bad" is what he repeatedly told me. After giving him some time to justify the decision to abort, I begin to inquire a series of questions. "Doesn't it suck, to know that we have to make a decision to kill our child when it comes to money? Is money worth any value, when people are dying because of it? It doesn't make sense, and that's something to think about. If you are going to let economy and our society be the decider of your child's life, than you are not doing your job as a father and a man," are some of the things I would say to him. Of course, I didn't ask these questions one after the other, but I asked these questions to help guide his thoughts and decisions. In the end, I learned that he did desire to play a role as man, a provider and protector, but giving his girlfriend "support" in abortion does not entitle his role as a man at all. When he realized this, he also realized that abortion was not what he really wanted. He only felt that it was the best thing to do, but it's not at all what he wanted. As our conversation came to an end, I offered him the services we provide, and we said our goodbyes.

I left the abortion mill, and prayed for him. While waiting at the metro bus, I receive a phone call from a sidewalk counselor that stayed behind. I heard his voice over the phone, and he told me "Tina, I tried. I came back and told her everything you told me. I even told her to put our child up for adoption, but she made up her mind. I don't know what to do..." My heart broke for him, for his girlfriend, and most importantly, for that unborn child.

Although that innocent unborn baby did not get the chance to be born, I do not feel as if all of the time I spent with this young man was a waste. Though it hurts, he can no longer justify abortion, because he knows the truth.

"True love causes pain.
Jesus, in order to give us the proof of his love, died on the cross.
A mother, in order to give birth to her baby, has to suffer.
If you really love one another, you will not be able to avoid making sacrifices." -Mother Teresa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Technology has made it possible that a man can see this child in his wife's womb. Its a very happy moment for the parents to see their child in such a great way.