Monday, June 1, 2009

One baby is worth everything...

When I decided to do the internship this summer I knew I would have to learn to accept and let go of failure. I decided that I could do this as long as I remembered that if I was able to save just one life all my efforts and failures would be worth it. I'v been here a week and I have already met girls I was unable to save from abortion. Some of them I met briefly as they brushed me off on their way into doctors Emily's others I'v had long conversations with in one of the offices. They all managed to touch my heart and allow me to feel but a small portion of the pain and sadness I know they are experiencing. This part of the job is hard even though you know in some way God is using you to bring grace you cannot see into the situation.

However, there have been girls, numerous girls, I have seen turnaround and decide to give their babies life. I cannot say we have failed when I know there is at least one baby who will someday soon be born into this world, when I think of the joy that mother will feel when she holds her baby for the first time and knows all of her struggle to keep her baby was worth it all, when I think of the many people who will someday love this child and the many people the child will some day love themselves. It is more than enough of a reward for the work and I know there are even more babies left to be saved!

No comments: