Sunday, June 21, 2009

Courageous Love

A few weeks ago while I was working at Linda's I counseled a girl named *Maxine. As usual when I first saw her I was afraid she would have a hard time opening up. She seemed to be putting on the front most girls do when they come in- the front that they don't really care they are about to get an abortion. Maxine went in for an ultra-sound and I was proven wrong as usual.

The moment she saw her baby on the screen she broke into tears. I talked to her afterwards and it was clear there was no turning back now that she had seen her child and discovered her love for them. Maxine is just about to start highschool and an unplanned pregnancy will no doubt be difficult. However, how refreshing and inspiring it is to see someone who saw the truth plainly put in front of them and chose to accept it. How lovely it is that Maxine was able to see the humanity of her child in one instance and was brave enough to make the sacrifices not to betray the truth she found.

I keep in contact with Maxine and it always brings me so much joy to see how much she loves her unborn child and how brave she is in making sacrifices so that they may have the gift of life. Pray for her!

No comments: