Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hope!

On Friday I counseled a woman in her early twenties who already had two small boys. At first I did not know what to make of her because she seemed nice but fairly distant and cold. I was afraid I would not be able to connect with her and get her through to her heart. I was wrong, I soon found she was a woman who possessed a beautiful selfless soul that I respected very much. She was raising her two young sons by herself, one of whom has autism. The father of her baby was not being supportive and she feared she would be unable to care for her two sons she loves so dearly if she had the baby. However, I could soon tell she was very upset underneath the surface.

She was nervous and seemed extremely uncomfortable, she kept saying she just wanted to get it over with. I realized she did not want the abortion but instead felt it was her only choice. She tried to pretend what she was about to do did not bother her but as I continued speaking to her she became increasingly emotionally and her eyes started filling with tears. I knew the abortion would break hes heart and leave a scar that would stay with her forever. I not only felt desperate for the life of the child but also the beautiful women who was sitting next to me.

As she sat there crying she said she could not talk any longer she just wanted to get it over with and she had no other choice. I could tell she was starting to crack so I got her to come in for a sonogram. She wanted me to call her the next day to check on her. Thanks be to God, when I called her back she told me she was confused and was rethinking everything. I prayed for her and told her to talk to Kathy about the sonogram. A little while later I talked to her again, she said she spoke with her mother and her mother had told her she wanted her to keep the child. She then said she thought she would keep the child.

Please pray for her and her family! She confirmed once again what I already knew, that women do not want abortions, the feel they have no other choice. Abortions break women's hearts and leave a lasting scar on their soul. What women need to keep their babies is hope. Please help to give them hope!

No comments: