Friday, March 9, 2012

A Safe Haven For The Broken

     When the topic of a maternity home is brought up, often times there are negative views. However a maternity home can be such a ray of hope in the life of a woman who needs help and support.

     Maternity homes are non-profit organizations which rely on funding from generous communities, churches, etc. They provide a safe and loving envoronment for the mother and her unborn child. I know this because I have been that mother. Living in the maternity home (in NC) was a way for me to clear my head from all of the clutter of my life, because basically I was facing enough "clutter". There were people all around to help me, it truly was my "safe haven". In my case I chose adoption for my child. The home was very supportive in this decision and I had every resource available if I needed to talk, had questions, or a shoulder to cry on. This home also had a aftercare program for mothers who chose to keep their babies. The provided jobs, clothing, diapers, etc. This home is very similar to the maternity homes in your area.

    At EMC we have the resources to refer mothers to maternity homes. Some of them may be losing their homes, some may have been kicked out of their current home, and some just need a safer environment for themselves. We are very lucky to have these homes willing to house and care for these women. Please look into the maternity home in your area and see how you can help.

No comments: