Thursday, March 8, 2012

1st week of NYC campaign

My first complete week participating in the pro-life campaign has been very exciting, informative, and at times discouraging. I met people from Africa and Spain who are very interesting and easy going. We talked about the similarities and differences each of our countries cultures have. In addition the current abortion laws that are in place in each country and how they effect the general public. So far the best part of this experience is being able to spread knowledge to open-minded individuals who are appreciative to learn about all the negative aspects of abortion and the alternatives to it. The thing I dislike most is hearing some of the inappropriate comments that people say in regards to pro-life. I don't force any of this knowledge onto people therefore, I feel I should not be disrespected for trying to help someone out. I also met Mr. Slattery for the first time at the end of the week, he seems like a really nice guy. I also had the chance to spread awareness at the planned parenthood national headquarters and the largest abortion clinic in the Bronx (Dr. Emilys Womens Medical Center).    

No comments: