Saturday, February 13, 2010

These girls DO have Hope


Last week I was in Brooklyn, I talked with a girl who was from Europe,25,single, and pregnant.She got her first sonogram today, found out shes 5 months pregnant and didn't EVEN KNOW SHE WAS pregnant.Then the doctor told her how far along she was and she was shocked."5 MONTHS???!!" she immediately started crying...she looked terrified and traumatized.She said she would lose her citizenship to be in this country through her school cause they would kick her out if she got pregnant.She looked lonely,depressed, and full of NO HOPE.
NO HOPE.....seems to be the common expression i get from every girl that comes into the clinic.
She said her BF told her he wanted her to get an abortion.She was so adamant on getting one; kept asking about it. She kept saying that she had to get rid of this baby; had to get rid of this baby.Did you read that? She had to get rid aka KILL her baby. .......
THAT is what these girls think once they get to this point.At this point, I cant help, I repeat,cannot help but to give and feel instant compassion.Compassion is the only thing I feel.I find my eyes watering and my voice softening. My goodness, God loves these women SO so SO much.They have no idea-literally. Most of them don't know the love of God or experienced any kind of love at all. Why you think they had sex with these guys? They thought love was there....guess what? It isn't there.
After 3hours, I talked and cried with this girl and gave her my cell.She's coming back for another appointment in 2 weeks.
These women are cold. Most are from the Bronx and Brooklyn; cold,harsh women that are hard to break down.Well,God's doing some breaking in His own amazing way.I just get the privilege of being a part of it.Man. I'm so blessed!

No comments: