Thursday, February 18, 2010

40 Days for Life Day 2

One of the best parts about this internship has been the incredible variety of tasks that make up the week. This is my second week at the Life House and I'm getting settled in.

Today, I began the day by praying and passing out information in front of the abortion mills by the EMC Queens office. Shortly after I got out front, I noticed a woman down the road from me handing out little business cards for one of the murderers. A challenger! So, in addition to trying to give out as much information to everyone that walked past, I now began to try and ensure that everyone who had one of their cards had one of our magazines, to arm them with the truth.

After a morning of prayer on the streets of Queens, I went to help at our Brooklyn office. There I was able to talk with a woman who was dead set on having an abortion. She had already had one and also had a 3-year old at home. It was obvious that she was scared and was convinced that abortion was the best option for her, her family, and the unborn child.

While she was waiting for her ultrasound she watched videos on the danger of abortion. When I sat down to talk with her, it was clear that she was shaken. Not just by the threat to her life posed by abortion, but also by the fact that the abortionists could care so little about her safety that they did not give her the full picture of the risks involved. To make a long story short, she had concluded that abortion was not the easy answer to a pregnancy. She knew it herself, I believe, but it took coming into the office and the Grace of God to make her realize it and act on it.

It is a great privilege and blessing to fight on the side of God in this battle for the lives of New York's children. The hard work of all involved and the prayers of the Church do pay off!

No comments: