Saturday, May 11, 2013

Is abortion ever a good choice?




This is the story of a good woman who suffered a lot on her trip to the USA.
When she entered in the office, I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be to counsel to choose the best choice. She is from Guatemala, she is 20 years old. She started telling me how to get a pill to abort, she looked scared and a bit undecided. After her presentation she explained me the situation, she has just arrived to the United States, she was looking for a better life with more oportunities. But she didn't know what would happen on the trip. During her travel something happen, four men raped this women. When she was talking with me, I was horrified. She was one month without food because men stayed with her share of food. While she was hidden and no food, she felt sick. She had pregnancy symptoms, vomiting, nausea......
But she Didn't know until two months, when she arrived to USA, that she is pregnant.
She is a Evangelican and practising person. She doesn't believe in abortion, but she doesn't want a child to came from a rape. She has no job, she has debts, because she needs to pay the terrorified travel that is very expensive.  I could understand her, but I couldn't tell her to practiced an abortion.
That is an extreme situation when you could doubt about keep or abort. But even so, I think we are not in situation to choose who can live or not.
At the end of the conversation, she left undecided. That is the best generous situation I have never lived, support a baby for nine months when you know how is begotten. It is hurt, but it exists the option to put in adoption, that better than kill a baby. 
It is important to know if a situation is bad or it could be better taking the best option.

No comments: