Monday, April 18, 2011

Well Timed Guests

Today at our center in the South Bronx some lovely people from the adoption agency stopped by. Recently I was discussing with my friend who works with Bethany Christian Services how it may help to have an available portfolio of a prospective adoptive family. She agreed, and dropped one off today.

One of the saddest realities of our work is the unfortunate fact that women in crisis pregnancies rarely choose to have their children placed. For every one newborn placed in an adoptive family there are dozens of parents waiting in line. With the help of adoption agencies like Bethany - we never have any problem finding a family.

Anyway, as the young women who were representing the adoption agency were in our center I was calling a few clients I had in the past to see how they were doing.

How fortuitous.

One of my girls had gotten discouraged and actually had an abortion scheduled for tomorrow. But thankfully, I was able in the presence of the adoption agency to connect her directly to somebody who could answer very specific questions about adoption and show her that people in adoption agencies are friendly and kind people.

I don't know if this girl will end up choosing adoption, but I do know that she will almost definitely not go to her scheduled appointment for an abortion tomorrow. She just needed to see that she had real options. Check Spelling

No comments: