Tuesday, April 12, 2011

EMC Interns Speak at Cardinal Spellman High School: Teens Deserve to Know the Truth


Father Peter Pilsner from Cardinal Spellman High School asked Heather and I if we would be willing to be interviewed by some of his students on the work we do at Expectant Mother Care. We fully agreed and to my pleasant surprise, I received 8 phone calls from his students.

Some of their questions were like, "What do you do at EMC? Have you always been pro life? Why do you think pro abortionists are so pro abortion?" I thoroughly enjoyed answering their questions to the best of my ability because here's why : these people are the future generations of our country.

Most of the ones I talked to were 16,17, and 18. These are the times that they are seriously thinking about the college they want to go to . These are the times they are pressured the most to do drugs and smoke cigarettes. These are the times they are most likely to engage in sexual intercourse of some kind. They are at the most impressionable age.

Unlike many people in our society I understand that we have to keep people alive. That sounds silly. But, unfortunately, the majority of our country is under the impression that it's ok to kill over 50,000 people since 1973 through abortions.

I am taking my mission one day at a time. Based on the clients we get, I get to see where teenagers in this state are at with their level of knowledge on sex. It's a knowledge that Planned Parenthood is enforcing and planting. It's a knowledge that teaches teenage girls that it's "ok" to have sex as long as you use protection. That leaves myself and my colleagues left to pick up the broken pieces that follows sex-based relationships from 14,15,16,17,18 yr old teens.

That will soon change with the passionate fire God has planted in my heart to tell these future teachers, lawyers, doctors, and presidents the truth.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: