Friday, April 15, 2011

A save in Spanish

A few days ago at Dr. Emily abortion facility I had an encounter with a woman but figured it would not turn into any success. She spoke Spanish - and I don't. I gave her a Spanish brochure and tried my best to piece together a sentence or two.

Because it was a (unfortunately) busy day at the clinic I had almost forgot about the exchange until I went on our sonogram bus and she was sitting there waiting for an ultrasound!


As I came to find out - she had read the brochure while in the waiting room of the abortion clinic - literally waiting for her name to be called for an abortion - when she found out from the information in the brochure that she had real options. She then stepped outside in the back (I was in the front), and another one of our sidewalk counselors who does speak Spanish was able to counsel her and offer her a free sonogram on our bus.


I was so excited to find out that she changed her mind and her conviction was only reinforced by being able to see her baby on our sonogram. As long as we do our best as prolifers - we will be rewarded by God, even a language barrier can be overcome! I was lucky enough to this in its most satisfying form that day.

No comments: