Saturday, April 17, 2010

Good Kids, Need Good Adults

Saturday afternnon at EMC's South Bronx Pregnancy Center, and a beautiful young girl with a big bright smile walked into out office. She came in just to get our services and get out. Or so she thought............
As she and I spoke, I began to fall in love with her! She is such a beautiful young lady with so much potential!
This girl is only in 8th grade, but has the smarts of a college student.
She's one of the brightest young ladies I have met here in NYC. This picture was taken on her second second visit us. She stopped by to say "Hi!"
The first time she came, her plan was just to get our services and leave. But as we spoke, she grew attached to me.
Now we meet once ever so often to catch up and talk about boys, school, etc. She says that she loves me! She trusts me with all that she tells me. She is such a good girl.
She's living in a foster home now. She wants to go to college. She and I have had many, many abstinence talks. She says that she is planning on being abstinent until she gets married.
Like I said, she is a good girl.
These are good girls we have here in NYC. They just need good adults in their lives telling them the truth about sex. They don't know it. It's a shame. What will YOU do ?

No comments: