Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Body of Christ is Incorporated in the Harvest


This is Carmen, the director of our EMC center in Queens. She is holding a bib in this picture. A bib which was donated to EMC by a generous individual.
EMC can only exist as long as we have the help of our donors. People like Carmen and I are too busy doing the "hands on" work with these women, we don't have the time to make money.
We need help. I personally have to have people supporting me and helping me in more ways than one.
In Matthew it says, "the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few".... To me, this includes the workers doing the hands on work, like what Carmen and I do. But it also, just as importantly, includes the workers who work hard to make the money so that Carmen and I CAN do this work.
Both are just as important as the other. We are a body. The arm is as important as the leg. We have to unite together and figure out where we fit in.
This ministry has to be about PEOPLE. People like YOU. People like ME.

No comments: