Friday, April 16, 2010

Brooklyn Girls Are Rough


The girls of Brooklyn are very rough to say the least. Out of all the boroughs that I have worked in, I would personally have to say that Brooklyn has the toughest crowd.
These girls put up with the lowest of the lows from the guys their age. This past week I went to Brooklyn to help Linda out and was able to meet with 9 girls that stopped by.
They told Linda and I what guys say to them. They told us the expectations from guys are these days. And lets just say that it's not a walk in the park, as to what they are after.
I feel so bad for these girls. One of the girls there complained to Linda and I that the state has closed down a lot of the parks and the regular hang out places in these kids' neighborhoods that they usually go to.
She said that the only place that people her age go to are each others' houses. And that is where the whole act of sex begins. She said no one else ever talks about sex the way Linda and I were talking about it.
We shared with the girls how God wanted us to wait til we were married to have sex. That it is an act between a man and a woman in a commitment before God that they should perform. It's not so that young people like them can participate in an activity with someone from their school. And for it to serve no purpose.
We told these girls that sex is sacred. The purpose of it is not only just to create a union and intimacy with the man and woman, but to also create offspring. God gave us the opportunity to create other souls and bring them into this world. What a blessing we have.
And when we decide to do an abortion, we are slapping God in the face. We are saying to him, "ok, I know you want me to create another child, but it's just not working with MY plan, so......"
These 9 girls ate this stuff up. They said that no one has ever told them this. I told them the safest sex is no sex. The best form of birth control is abstinence. I got very vulnerable with them and told them that I personally was a virgin. And that I am choosing to not have sex until I am married.
They didn't believe that I was a virgin, which really makes me sad. That was so hard for them to even comprehend. These were good girls. Most of them were 16.
Praise God that they had a place like EMC in Brooklyn where this picture was taken so that they could learn more about the TRUTH.

No comments: