Saturday, November 28, 2009

Why I Came to NYC to Volunteer

Hello, my name is Santiago. I'm from Spain and learned about the pro-life movement through my daughter, Tatiana, who was here this past August as an intern. She told me about this organization and the great work they do on behalf of the unborn and their parents,and the wonderful experiences that she had everyday here in NYC.

I was impressed by her enthusiasm for both the organization and the entire team - Chris, Julie, Liz, Trisha, Heather and other colleagues. I felt that I wanted to have the same experience in volunteering and personally meeting this team.

I travelled from Madrid to New York with great excitement and here I have been received by all with open arms. I am thankful for the warm reception - only a few days here and already it seems like family. I am also thankful for this great opportunity which gives me the chance to help pregnant women and their unborn babies; I hope with God's help to become a part of the team.

No comments: