Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pro-life: The global movement.

Recently on my trip to Madrid for World Youth Day, I had a long lay-over in London. Luckily, it was long enough where I was able to leave the airport and enjoy the city for a bit. My first stop was Westminster Cathedral - I was immediately struck by its beauty.

Although not incredibly old (by European standards at least), the traditional style architecture with all of the adornments and chapels was very impressive. Similarly to St. Patrick's Cathedral in Manhattan, Westminster is a tourist attraction, but I did feel the visitors were much more reverent than I've noticed at St. Pat's.

What really struck me however, was the bulletin board in which there was more than one pro-life group advertising. There was a post-abortion healing group as well as pregnancy centers getting the message out that there are other options than abortion.

I understand that abortion is a very big problem in England and am glad to see that the pro-life movement is attempting to rise to that challenge. It made me very grateful to be a part of that movement full-time.

No comments: