Saturday, September 24, 2011

Abortion Was Not For Her, But Life Was!


I wrote a blog this past Thursday titled "Abortion is Not for Her". I posted information about a girl in her late 20's with 2 children, is now pregnant, and wants an abortion. I counseled her, then scheduled her an appointment for a sonogram the following Saturday. However, she left my office abortion bound.

That was Thursday. This is the following Saturday. This is a DIFFERENT DAY MY FRIENDS!...

I am working at our center in the Bronx. I get a phone call from one of our counselors who is working at our center in Queens. She tells me, "Hey Abby, there's someone here who wants to talk to you". It was her. She just received her sonogram there.

I asked her, "So what do you think about the sonogram?" Her response sounded apprehensive but hopeful , "Yeah...I mean it was cool. I just have to get my insurance together now and some other stuff." I said, "So what are you thinking you want to do?" Her response, "Oh. I'm definitely going to keep it. I just have to figure out the insurance part, but you guys said you would help me with that?"

I was overjoyed ! I reassured her that we would be more than glad to help her get the insurance that she needed as well as see our doctor for free. She has my cell number and was told by me to call or text at any time for any reason.

The details will be worked out. The main thing it SHE IS KEEPING HER BABY !

Thank you so much for your prayers. Prayer works.

No comments: