Friday, February 25, 2011

Little actions yield great fruits...


The sidewalk in front of Dr. Emily's Abortion facility in the South Bronx is a very intimidating place for me. All my fear, anxiety and insecurity seem to flood into my soul each and every time that I go to the sidewalk. Often I feel spiritually attacked and it can be overwhelming.

It is also a little disheartening to stand on the sidewalk day after day and to not have any evidence of any results. But God gives me the grace to be His voice on the streets to those who are pleading to hear it. He uses the weak and small to do His will!

I was graced this week to receive proof that my compliance with God's will yielded fruit. A boyfriend left Dr. Emily's to smoke on the sidewalk. His face was troubled and though I was concerned, I gave him space to think for a while. When he finished his cigarette, I approached him.

Hey, is your girl in there?
.... yeah why?
Is she pregnant?
... I don't know. I just don't know. Why?
Well if she is pregnant, we can provide her with a free sonogram right over here, right now.
... yeah, can I have some information about that?
Here you go. And my name is Megan. I will be out here if you want to talk.
... thanks, I'll talk to her.

That simple conversation and the grace of God, was all it took to convince this couple to choose life! I had left to take a break, but another counselor was present and recounted the story. The couple left the clinic looking for Megan. They had a sonogram photo from the clinic, and decided after speaking with me and looking at the developmental facts inside of our pamphlet to parent their child! God keeps us humble by often not allowing us to see the fruits of our labors... but this time He granted me that gift and I am so thankful!

Praise God for the gift of Life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take those insecurities and hand them over to the Father...look what His hand has wrought!! Much love to you, sister :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Megan!!! Keep up the fight for LIFE! We're praying for you!