Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Take Hold of Eternal Life"


Last week I waited outside of Dr. Emily's abortion clinic in the Bronx for girls going out and coming in. I was able to consult with many girls this particular day that were going in the front entrance; 22 girls to be exact.

Around 10am I went to the back entrance. There I was standing right by the gate, and 3 girls came out. I had no idea what they were doing, what had happened, or where they were going.

So when they got about 10 feet away, I said, "Hey! What's up? What's going on?" They waited until they got to the gate where I was standing. Then one of them said to me, " I couldn't do it. " I said, "Do what?" She said, " I couldn't get the abortion." I said, "Why not? They didn't accept your insurance?" She said, "No. I just couldn't do it again. I couldn't go through with it.
I said "WOW. So you're going to keep your baby?" She said "Yeah. I am."

I said "Well you need a sonogram then! Hey I got you . There's a truck sitting right there. It's got our sonogram machine and sonogram technician on it. We'll give you a free sonogram right here and now."

She said "For real?" I said "Yes mam. Let's go. "

Then we walked over to the bus. As we were walking, one of the other girls says "I'm pregnant too. Can I get a sonogram today as well?" I said, "Yes mam!"

Thank God EMC counselors like myself were able to be there at the abortion clinic right at the exact crucial time that 2 girls needed us. God provided the money for the sonograms, the money for the bus to carry the sonogram,the health for me to stand out in the cold, the tongue to communicate, everything. God was in everything. To Him be the glory forever to make these 2 lives happen once, and be rescued from death.

"Fight the good fight for the faith; take hold of eternal life, to which you were called and have made a good confession before many witnesses" -I Timothy 6:12

No comments: