Sunday, March 7, 2010

Power of Prayer


Recently I prayed outside an abortion clinic with a pro-life group. We held signs written in Spanish to reach out to the predominantly Spanish speaking population. Some handed out literature to those walking by, while others prayed.

After praying for 2 hours, I felt led to speak with a clinic worker who was handing out business cards for the clinic. I had never sidewalk counseled before, so I asked Ray’s advice. I trusted in God, and allowed Him to guide my words and actions.

I struck up a conversation with her, commenting on the weather. Then I asked her what it was like working at an abortion clinic. Was it difficult? She raised her hand to her mouth as she said, “I work here because I must eat.”

How sad I was to know that this woman believed that her only means of survival is to assist in the elimination of another human being! I told her that I would continue to pray for her. Moments later, Ray approached and said, “I have been praying for you and will continue to do so.” Just then tears filled her eyes as she replied, “I know.”

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good job. I'm glad you're both praying for her. I'll pray right now too.