Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Peacefulness


Surprisingly, I felt a great sense of peace permeating throughout the EMC Brooklyn Center even though we counseled and preformed ultrasounds for close to 20 women in one day! I was moved by how the EMC staff demonstrated such great love and compassion for each woman and unborn child they encountered. I felt very blessed that I had become a part of their amazing life saving work.

On Monday, March 1st I began my ultrasound internship with EMC. I knew that when women see their baby on the ultrasound screen, their hearts can be softened and converted to choose life for their child. However, I didn’t have an opportunity to see these transformations until this week. I studied ultrasound so I could help save the lives of the unborn children and to prevent mothers from the damaging effects of abortion. It is very gratifying to see an abortion-minded woman change the course of her child’s fate during one ultrasound. There are small ways that mothers and their unborn child connect during the sonogram. One woman exclaimed, ‘my baby just waved at me!’ Another woman was moved when she heard her unborn child’s heartbeat. I am looking forward to more experiences such as these over the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, Gloria!

Unknown said...

This is so, so great. You are doing amazing work. Love you.
Joy