Monday, January 31, 2011

A Woman and Two Children

A woman in her twenties came out of Dr. Emily abortion clinic and we struck up a conversation. She had decided to keep her baby - mostly because she had discovered that she was already 18 weeks pregnant. Praise God!


After I referred her to our pregnancy centers for help and began going through common sidewalk- techniques like fetal development, the harm abortion may cause, and the fact that there is a way around the obstacles facing her pregnancy, I began to get to know her a little bit.


Her young son, who she had actually brought with her to the clinic, overheard her talking about her 'husband' with which she has been for 11 years. He was quick to interrupt her and inform me that, "She isn't married though."

I'm not sure why the child said that, but perhaps in his innocence he could sense the immorality of the situation. Maybe, in the same way, he had a similar influence on his mother's decision to keep the baby. I've found that many times, the youngest women we see are most receptive to our message because I think there may be a more innocent conscience working on them.

God only knows the ultimate reason why she changed her mind and decided to keep her baby, but I'm sure her son will be welcoming of their new family member.

No comments: