Saturday, January 29, 2011

Talk You Through This


I have been doing a long-term Internship with Expectant Mother Care, I can honestly tell you that it has been the most worthwhile year and a half of my life.
What is the best thing about the EMC Pro-life Internship? Oh that's easy! So many people from all over the world come to this one house, in this one organization, in this one city and learn to save lives from certain death! Wait, that's not the best part! The most fantastic part is that when they leave EMC, and return to home, these well trained young pro-lifers are equipped to save lives in their own communities. Imagine the implications!

I sat on the couch on a mild winter evening, I was home in California visiting family for Christmas. Suddenly my phone range, it was two dear friends, one was frantic and in tears. “Heather, my friend just texted me, she made a mistake and now she’s pregnant. She says she has to get an abortion! What do I do?!?” Right away my EMC training kicked in. “Calm down! Everything is going to be ok, but you need to be calm because she is scared and panicking and she needs you to be her rock…don‘t worry I‘ll talk you through this!” went the conversation.

We made a plan, her friend was to visit her at her apartment the next day and I would stop by. I counseled her at my friends dinning room table and everything went really well! I am more than happy to tell you all that my new friend chose LIFE for her unborn child on that day in California! Where before there was fear and shame, there is now joy and anticipation. She has already had her first sonogram and will start her prenatal care shortly.

I am so grateful for all that I have learned from EMC. To think that my training in NYC, has saved a life on the other side of the county! All Glory to God!

No comments: