Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Obedience


I stand outside of the abortion clinic, Dr. Emily's, here in the Bronx on Mondays,Tuesdays, and Fridays to let girls going in know that they have other options. Cold weather is most definitely a challenge for me. I can lifeguard in over 100 degree heat with no problems or complaints. But dealing with the cold is an extraordinary task to ask my body.

That said, I would stand outside of and have stood outside of this abortion clinic during a downfall blizzard for the sake of communicating to these precious girls that they don't have to get an abortion. There are other alternatives. There is help. There is support. And that is through the Lord Jesus Christ and his EMC centers. He has called me to be there at 7:30 in the morning, rain or shine.

This particular day last week, it was snowing and cold. But standing outside of Dr. Emily's I got to meet a girl coming out of the clinic. She tried to get an abortion but they wouldn't accept her insurance.

Because I was already standing outside of the gates, I caught her as she came out and she was very,very upset. She yelled at me. But when she did, she interrogated me about our center. I began to tell her she can get help. As I was speaking to her, her anger turned to tears. Big ones. I gave her the Bronx Center number. As well as my cell. I talked to her 2 days ago. She is going to come in for a sonogram.
It's just a matter of being obedient to what God has called me to do. No matter what it may be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you . . for the life saving work you do. What a beautiful and touching story to hear. I will pray for you.