Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mother of three.

Today was a great day. I met a 29 year old mother of three. She was in an abusive relashonship for 9 years. She met someone new, and got pregnant. Her fears were that her family would not accept this child. her mother told her to have an abortion forever.

Well, in her mothers country her Grandmother and Mother had at home abortions- so they think its nothing. This girl was such a beautiful soul. I counseled her, and told her we can help. She recently lost her job. I told her not to worry.

There were so many signs of her not to have an abortion. After watching the videos, and constantly staring at brochure- she said "How can I do this"? I assured her she didn't have to. She was very confused, vulnerable, and lost. I felt such a great connection with her and I totally understood her problems.

I told her to take it one day at a time. She recieved a sonogram, and ended up being 4 months. i promised to help her in anyway possible. She turned around, and changed her mind. Im very proud of her and this baby. Now, she will have a total of 4 children. How blessed!

No comments: