Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A lost women and boyfriend.

This story is very interesting. The work day was pretty much over. Last minute, we got a walk in. A 20 year old African American girl with her Albanian boyfriend. She recieved a sonogram and realized she was 5 months and a week.

The boyfriend and girlfriend were both homeless. It smelled as if they didnt shower for weeks. I felt so bad for both of them. The handsome young man got kicked out his home for dating a black girl. In Albanian culture, the youngest son must stay with the family and marry. The wife must stay home and be as a servant to his family. They would never accept it. So they kicked him out of the house.

The boy carried this heavy burden on his shoulders for two years of dating her. He was strongly ready for an abortion, and she was just "hopeless". The young man didn't see another option. He said "No WAY"- my family would never accept her, let alone a child."

He didn't even want to see the sonogram. I saw such sadness in his eyes, and hopelessness in the womens eyes. I told them Not to worry.. I set the boy up for a job interview. I also called in regarding living in the matenity home. I said "Please dont make this mistake, your too far along".

Anyway, we set up for another appointment. The girl was so hungry, I was able to give her grapes I had from lunchtime. She was so thankful about the kindness and love we were giving and showing them. There is always hope, I told them.

I cannot wait to meet this beautiful biracial child in 4 months. Abortion clinics want to minimize the population of minorities. I am so proud of helping this couple. It really gave me so much joy. I am so glad to save a child. That child is going to be so beautiful. I hope I am invited to the wedding!

No comments: