Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A lost child!

A very stressful busy day at Linda's a couple days ago. A 15 year old came in with her best friend.. Both very angry.. The tension was definetly there. The girls did NOT want to watch the movies. Ofcourse, we didn't force them to watch it.. They were just so upset.

The girls friend kept speaking for her.. I told her it was her decision to make for the rest of her life. They were both for abortion. I was speechless. I had to pray for God to give me words of wisdom. I went to a room for a minute, and made a quick prayer for Words of Wisdom.

I came back into one of the rooms to counsel her. I asked her, "what are you afraid of"? She said, "What if I keep it for 9 months and hide it from my mother?" I was shocked! So, I told her that winter is coming and I told her to hide it by wearing sweaters. She was so scaired of her mom finding out that's all.

After a long day of sonograms and pregnancy tests, I finally got a chance to show her her baby. She found out she was 17 weeks pregnant. She did not know she was pregnant, maybe she assumed after some missing periods. Finally, she got an answer. Maybe it wasn't the answer she wanted, but the sonogram showed her her baby.

She called the other day, and told us that her mom found out about the pregnancy. We were in such shock. We told her, that we would help her. I made some phone calls. I am proud to say she will be living in a maternity home in NYC.

No comments: