Friday, September 17, 2010

Finished Chapters


Have you ever read a book that seemed to omit details you really wished you could know? Sometimes I feel like my experience with EMC was just like that.

Yes, I had chapters that had happy endings; mommies chose live instead of death! Sure, I had a few chapters that ended in the tragic death of innocence.

But, I had many chapters that were plain cliff-hangers! I really wanted to know what happened. What happened?!

Well, I'm here to share that my book is slowly completing itself. Three of my cliff-hanger chapters have now been turned into happy endings. So, now, after two months of being gone from EMC, my story is still being written.

Let me share the beautiful hidden chapters with you all, friends of life.

I recently received a call from a girl who had not spoken to me in months. She was dead set on abortion and no longer wanted to talk to me. This made my heart heavy, but I couldn't violate her wishes. She called me out of the blue to tell me she is six months, keeping the baby, and already has his name picked out! PRAISE GOD! Only God could write something so beautiful.

Today I received yet another call from a young woman who's boyfriend threatened both her and me. She hasn't contacted me in months and I was always worrying about her. She called today to tell me she is five months, living with her mom in another town, and she just found out her baby is a boy. Again, isn't God so amazing?!

As if God hadn't blessed my week enough already, I just received two ultrasound pictures of two baby boys that have loving mommies. These mommies wanted to keep their little ones from the beginning but were in really difficult situations. They've been through a lot to stick true to their hearts' wishes. It is a great blessing for me to know that these two women have made it through the storm and found their sunshine.

I couldn't help but come back to the blog even though my internship is over. Let these finished chapters be an encouragement for all of you reading.

God IS doing amazing miracles in the lives of all those in my book, especially me.

Giving God praise for all the precious little ones He has saved!

1 comment:

EMC Frontline said...

Julia, what a beautiful testimony to the deep connections you made with these two clients back in the Abortion Capital.

Your work will leave a long legacy in these lives, and surely others.

Thanks for being so loving and caring here on your internship, and please keep us posted on "your mothers'" progress!

I am sure you have more chapters to write in these sunshine stories!

Thanks Julia!, Chris Slattery