Thursday, May 27, 2010

Forgiveness


My first day on the job found me in front of Dr. Emily's. I was so nervous and had no idea what i was going to say to change anyone's mind.
The first person that anyone counseled that day was a man, lets call him Tony. Julie was doing the talking and i just stood back and observed sadly as he told his story.
He had brought his best friend here to be supportive, but, had tried to talk her out of an abortion the entire pregnancy. As Julie continued to talk to Tony the realization showed on his face what was happening.
Inside his best friend was waiting in line to have her baby ripped out of her by a so called doctor. She was waiting in line for a procedures who's emotional scar will never fully heal, and he was the one who drove her here.
After taking a brochure he quickly went inside to try to talk her out of it before it was to late.
A few hours later i was in the back and happened to notice him sitting in his car. I walked over to the fence and asked him if he was alright.
He looked at me and said "I tried to talk her out of it." "they are doing it now".
I noticed he had a rosary necklace on as his eyes were filling with tears. I asked him if he wanted to pray with me. He nodded yes, not wanting to break down in front of me.
I started off by asking him to state his intentions. He asked for one very simple thing, for forgiveness. For God to forgive his friend and himself.
As we prayed the The Lords Prayer and a Hail Mary, Tony could not hold back his tears anymore.
As i walked away i knew that God would forgive him. I knew that God will forgive anyone, no matter how grievous their sin, as long a you truly ask for.
Please pray for Tony's friend, that she will seek and find forgiveness

No comments: