Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beautiful Beginning to an Incredible Summer

2 weeks ago I found myself driving to Orlando, FL for the Heartbeat International conference. I headed to spend a week with people I'd never met before and would be spending the next 3 months with. I have to tell you, I was a little bit nervous. My fears were soon cast aside, however, as I met some truly incredible people. There are few things I love more than meeting people who share my passion for the pro-life cause.

In addition to meeting EMC employees and fellow interns, I also met countless men and women who have dedicated their lives to serving others. The conference was mostly attended by executive directors and board members of pregnancy resource centers around the country and the world. It was a week of thanksgiving to God for calling us to this ministry and a chance for us to learn from each other.

During the sessions I attended, I received tips on effective fundraising techniques, learned good public relations strategies, and heard how to share the joy of sexual purity with young women. I learned so much during this conference, and it was a great way to start the internship. Being able to relax a bit and get to know some of my fellow interns and EMC employees before heading to New York was perfect.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh Nancy, i'm soooo proud of you! You're absolutely radiant and i know the Lord is doing amazing things through you. I'm excited for your life in New York! miss you.