Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Pro-life Movement is Generally a Young One

 
This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C.
 
I attended many talks, but most notable among these was a panel speaking about religious freedom and Roe vs. Wade (and another panel on "fatherless America," which was my favorite. However, I won't go into that here).
 
At the pro-life panel, I found it interesting that 80-90% of the people attending the talk were from the Generation Y age range. It seems like the majority of the pro-life movement right now is young people; perhaps this is because abortion has affected us the most. Not only is my generation often pressured into having abortions, we have also lost our siblings and friends to this grave injustice. Have you ever noticed how much smaller classes in school have become throughout the years? People who would've been my age now, people who could've played a big part in my life, are gone, having been aborted for the sake of convenience. I believe this is one reason why pro-life activism is dominated by the young; we don't want our children to go through what we have gone through. And so we fight. My only hope is that the older generations will start to understand what an important issue this is.
 
 
 

No comments: