Thursday, November 10, 2011

She Laughs, But God Is Serious

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans" reminds me of a story in the Bible about Sarah. She was old in age; she was 'too old' to get pregnant.

God tells her husband that she is going to be with child. After she overhears the conversation, she laughs.She laughs, but God is serious. She assumes first and foremost that it's impossible. After those thoughts, she feels that it is a mistake and should not happen.

This reminds me of my client who is in her mid 40's. She has already had an abortion before and is pregnant again, wanting another abortion. She too, like Sarah, thinks it's a mistake.

Her and I talked for over 2 hours. I also met with her boyfriend who wants her to keep the baby. She left abortion bound. After she left, I thought to myself, 'what is she going to do in 20 to 30 years? She has no family to take care of her. Her parents have passed, she has no siblings, she has no children, and no husband.'

It is in her better interest to keep this baby. I hope she realizes this.

I hope and pray that she comes back to us. 





No comments: