Thursday, April 23, 2009

Go do your surgery!

Clare and Joanie and I think that there's no way you can do this job and not believe in God-- there are too many undeniable miracles during the week.

A 28 year old womanl from Spanish Harlem walked towards the front entrance of Dr. Emily's abortion clinic, the largest abortion clinic in the South Bronx, with her boyfriend last Saturday. He handed money off to her, she said something to him, then he got angry and walked off, screaming back at her "Go do your surgery! I'm going home." She looked heartbroken and turned to me, thinking I was just an innocent bystander, and said "Who does that?! Who just drops off their girl and says, 'go do your surgery?!'"

That was my in. I let her know about how many guys like that I had seen, and how this abortion wasn't going to help their relationship. I was basically telling her to abort the boyfriend, not the baby.

I was able to bring her over to our South Bronx pregnancy center and she ended up sitting with Julie for over three and a half hours! She had two young kids at home and her boyfriend only helped when he felt like it, they were off and on. Her previous pregnancies had been really hard, she was bedridden during and after the pregnancy for a while. She said that she needed diapers for the kids, and right then Julie received a call from a donor who wanted to drop off diapers. She needed size five diapers. All 150 diapers that showed up on our doorstep a half hour later were size 5. So this Harlem mom walked away with diapers from EMC and the confidence that God would always provide.

No comments: