Friday, April 17, 2009

2 Hours of Counseling!

I had a 2 hour counseling session this morning at the South Bronx Pregnancy Center! This girl was 20-years-old, and only eight months ago she had had an abortion. She was seeking another one with me for her six-week-old baby. I could tell why she wanted one, her family was in shambles, and her mom was not supportive at all. Her boyfriend said it was totally up to her, and she felt alone because of everyone's indifference. At first she acted like the first abortion never hurt her. But when she started to see the pictures, the reality of what her abortion was finally hit her. She then decided that she really wanted to keep her child. I told her that she would be a good mother, I could tell that she had a good heart at the root of it all. She said, "I know I'll be a good mother because I know what a bad mother is like." By the end of it all, a full two hours later, she was still afraid but willing to trust in God.

No comments: