Friday, May 25, 2012

God writes straight with crooked lines

+JMJ+



Hello, everyone! Katie here. It was another moving day at the clinic in Brooklyn. I work there with Linda, who has directed the Brooklyn office for almost 13 years. Today we truly experienced the Providence of God and were reminded once again that "God writes straight with crooked lines".

This story has to be built up just a little bit. I will start with yesterday afternoon. Mary and I decided to catch the train to Manhattan and visit a friend of hers in the Opus Dei center at Murray Hill. In the midst of saying our goodbyes, a group of women made their way over to say hello. We chatted for a minute or two, and Mary and I left the center to find a bite to eat.

This morning, shortly after I arrived at the clinic, we had some unexpected guests. Can you believe it was the same group of beautiful ladies Mary and I had met the night before? Apparently, visiting Linda had been on their agenda from the beginning. They had seen her speak in D.C. and wanted to see her in action. So, I am making a shout out to Mrs. Fowler, her sweet daughter, and their close friend. They came with all kinds of goodies for the mothers. I'm talking baby blankets, outfits, and even cookies. We were thrilled to have their company and their prayers. 

Shortly after, we had one more unexpected guest. This particular woman brings in abortion minded women from other areas and asks them to come to us before they make a decision to abort. This woman is essentially saving them from the clutches of Planned Parenthood by getting them to our door first. It was her first time actually visiting the clinic she had been referring young women to. I pray her visit left her with a deeper resolve to help the girls she encounters in the future.

We are so blessed to know that the Lord is ever by our side. I have heard him described as the "Ever-loving Mender and the Ever-Mending Lover." On days like today I find the tapestries of our lives especially beautiful.




No comments: