Wednesday, May 23, 2012

From backwoods to Bronx

+JMJ+





Hey y'all! This is Katie Adcock posting from the Lifehouse for the very first time. I flew in from Cullman, Alabama just this past week. And let me tell you, New York City is a whole other world!

I am currently attending Auburn University as a student of anthropology. Recently, a woman asked me what it is I will be doing with my major. So, of course, I informed her-- told her how I would be able to spend my time digging up historical artifacts, studying ancient cultures, and possibly finding a well preserved Neanderthal or two. And do you know what she said to me? She looked at me for a good five seconds and said "So.... you like dead things, huh?" I just had to laugh at the irony, since I have committed to spending my entire summer as a pro life intern here.

Which brings me to the heart of the matter. Our country was founded from the very beginning on three very simple, profound principles. We all know the line, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Notice that the right to Life came first? That isn't an accident. I am here to fight for the first, the most basic right of all.

And yes, I know I can't save the whole world. But when a young woman walks into my office, dead set on an abortion procedure, the first and only thought in my mind is "I want to save her". And that's how it's done. All by the grace of God, one child, one mother at a time. Pray for us, as we pour the Father's love into the thirsty hearts of his little ones.







No comments: