Thursday, July 16, 2009

An Introduction


I just wanted to introduce myself to all of our readers! I'm one of the newest EMC interns, my name is Heather, I'm 26 and come to you from Northern California. I am incredibly excited to be here in New York City, to do this wonderful work along side such couragous people! I have been involved in Pro-life activism since I was 11 years old. Most recently I participated in several 40 Days For Life Campaigns in my local community as well as a lot of grassroots work for the proposed CA Prop 4 Parental Notification legislation.
One of my passions in life aside from the Pro-life movement, is teaching teenagers about Chastity. Teens are just amazing, they have such a youthful energy, that when put to good use can effect change in their communities and in this world!
In my spare time I love to sing-- The Blues, Soul, Gospel, and Country Music are some of my favorites. I also really enjoy cooking and especially love learning to prepare the cuisine of different cultures. Another one of my hobbies is gardening! I find it to be very relaxing and it also makes for good cooking when you have garden fresh vegetables and herbs. It is my hope that any talents that I posess will be put to good use in building up the Kingdom of God and help to save children who's lives hang in the balance.


Heather

No comments: