Thursday, July 23, 2009

An emotional turnaround

Today i went to Linda's and I counseled a girl by the name of Janessa. She came in today with the mindset of having and an abortion. When I asked her why she said,"Me and mother don't get along.. we haven't since i was little and she said that if i was to have a baby she would kick me out... my dad doesn't support having a baby out of wedlock." I told her that my mom put me through a lot of things.. things that I'm not able to write about on this blog and i also told her that having abortion wont make things right between you and your mom. We started to cry together. in her heart she knew it was wrong. I told her about the help that we would be able to offer her and she was so excited. She finally said that she was going to keep the baby and that she promised. I took her word. My heart was filled with joy. I certainly did not do this on my own.

No comments: