Monday, July 27, 2009

My First Week [Part 2]

We live in a culture of death. Naturally, we should expect that our work is not going to be easy. Regardless of what I was expecting when I first arrived in New York, I did not come prepared for what I have encountered thus far. It was extremely easy for me to get discouraged when dealing with women who were rock solid on aborting their child. They're just so clouded by the thoughts of satan, that they cannot see the truth that is right in front of them. This week, I have seen satan more clearly at work than I have ever seen him before.


Prayer, along with having a strong support system rooted in the Faith has been crucial in keeping my sanity. One my good friends reminded me that I was only the seed. I was to show up, follow God's call, and witness His truth. I myself, am not going to save babies, or change hearts. God's truth and God's message, when it lands on fertil soil, is going to save babies and change hearts.

No comments: