Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Today, Jesus blessed me with my first turn-around!!!!!!!!

At "Doctor Emily's" Abortion Clinic, I saw her approaching the front door. I called out to her, asking if she had an appointment. She didn't hear me and was practically through the door. I was just going to let her go because I thought she was ignoring me. I felt this tugging on my heart to call after her again, so I did.
This time, she heard me. She walked over to me and I asked her if she was pregnant. She said she wasn't sure, but she hadn't had her period for about two months. After asking her what she planned to do if she was pregnant, her reply was that she was determined to get an abortion. She said it was her only choice. She didn't know of the other options and of the help that was so easily accessible to her.
She asked me if she'd be able to get in for an abortion today. I told her that hey'd probably be more than happy to get her in, but they wouldn't tell her any information on fetal development or abortion procedures; what will happen to the baby and what will/could happen to her. I advised her that she should know this information before she made her decision. I asked her if she wanted a free sonogram, and told her that the abortion clinic wouldn't let her see her baby. She said that was something she really wanted. So, I introduced myself and we bagan to walk to the sonogram bus. On our walk, I gave her the skinny on fetal development, suction curretage and dilation and extration abortion procedures, and a quick list of possible complications and emotional trauma she may undergo. She had been completely unaware of any of this information and I could see the wheels turning in her brain; I could see the Holy Spirit at work:]
We got into the bus and she told Wadiya, the ultrasound tech., she still wanted an abortion. She went in for the ultrasound and nothing was seen in her womb. Her periods may be irregular and she may not be pregnant, but we gave her a take-home pregnancy test to be sure anyways.
We talked about what she would do if she turns out to be pregnant, and she concluded that she would not, could not abort. She's talked to her mother, who would be supportive of her keeping the baby, unlike the baby's father, who she decided wasn't a positive thing in her life.
Regardless if she is pregnant or not, Isa's heart was deeply touched and changed by Christ's truth today.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

The video in the left sidebar obscures my view of the post.