Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dr. Emily's Success Story

While working at Dr. Emily's, Grace and I came across two girls who were walking into the abortion clinic. We had spent most of the day praying for the conversion of mothers' hearts to have their baby and for the protection of the unborn. It was very slow this day and the women who were showing up were ignoring us.
The two girls we came across were nice and stopped to listen to what we had to say. Grace and I began to tell them who we were and what we were there for. Through hand gestures and words of persuasion I got the two girls to come into the sonogram van for a free sonogram.

After she saw the ultrasound we all sat inside the van and discussed options. By the end of our conversation she was smiling with tears in her eyes. During the conversation we came to realize that the girl's cousin that was with her wanted her to have the baby. This was a major positive factor in her reasoning.

She went home after the experience in the sonogram van and I texted her on her phone shortly after her departure. She texted back to me that I should thank her cousin who talked her into having her baby. I was very happy for her and I could tell that she was happy that she didn't have to make such a tragic decisions.

In all my experiences with prolife work, I've never seen terror and extreme sorrow in the face of a mother that chooses to have her baby. However, most of the women that choose to have the abortion look empty inside after that decision. They know their choice is wrong. It's just a matter of how faithful the mother will be.

No comments: